Please wait.'

Page is loading'


Home  > Markets & companies  > Raw materials market  > Brenntag acquires all outstanding shares i...

Tuesday, 17 September 2019
pdf
Markets & companies, Raw materials market

Brenntag acquires all outstanding shares in Chinese distributor Zhong Yung

Wednesday, 1 June 2016

Brenntag has signed an agreement to acquire all outstanding shares in Zhong Yung (International) Chemical Ltd.

Henri Nejade, Member of the Board of Management of Brenntag Group and CEO Brenntag Asia Pacific. Source: Brenntag

Henri Nejade, Member of the Board of Management of Brenntag Group and CEO Brenntag Asia Pacific. Source: Brenntag

The first tranche of 51% was already acquired in 2011 and the company has demonstrated a positive development since that time. Brenntag is now buying the remaining 49%. Zhong Yung has a significant presence across the mainland of China with modern equipped distribution facilities in Beijing, Tianjin, Shanghai and Guangzhou.

Ideal platform for further acquisitions

Henri Nejade, Member of the Board of Management of Brenntag Group and CEO Brenntag Asia Pacific, says, "With the Zhong Yung participation, Brenntag once had its strategic market entry in the fast-growing Chinese chemical market. In the 5 years of cooperation with a local partner, we saw a successful development of the business, strengthening Brenntag’s footprint in the Asia Pacific region. Zhong Yung is an excellent base for strong future growth in China for our existing business and is an ideal platform for further acquisitions

Infrastructure in China's key economic regions

Zhong Yung is a major industrial chemical distributor with excellent infrastructure in the key economic regions in China including laboratories, blending and storage capabilities. The company continuously focuses on the expansion in the fields of storage, distribution and value-added services.

Ni Jianzhong, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Zhong Yung and future Chairman of the Board of Directors of Brenntag in China: "The successful cooperation between Brenntag and Zhong Yung laid a strong foundation for the positive expansion and further growth in China. We will continue to build upon this solid platform to broaden our product portfolio further and be the preferred partner for value-added services for both customers and suppliers throughout the company’s network in China.”

top of page
Comments (0)
Add Comment

Post comment

You are not logged in

register