Please wait.'

Page is loading'

Home  > Forum  > Testing & measuring  > Hold out test

Thursday, 19 September 2019

Hold out test

1 Post

Monday 28 August 2000 1:00:00 am

Does anyone know a test for coatings called "hold out" ?

Author Message

  • Currently 0 out of 5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Log in or create a user account to rate this page. Rating: 0/5 (0 votes cast)

Wednesday 30 August 2000 1:00:00 am

When we get asked whether one of our polymers has good hold-out, it usually means that it has as high a gloss reading on uncoated porus substrates as it has when cast out over an inked area.
For example, if the polymer was cast out on an N2A unlacquered Leneta card, it would be expected to be as glossy over the white un-inked area as on the black inked area. We usually do a visual assessment of a test polymer against a known standard and measure 60° gloss in both black and white areas of the test card.

top of page
Search term: